Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Even I'm bored with my recent posts

Yeah, I got a new car last week. That was exciting. To me. Nobody else cares.

I'm following a very specific workout and nutrition plan right now. I lift four days per week, two days upper body and two days lower body. Then, some easy endurance work to fill in the week. Yesterday, I trashed my arms with chin-ups, shoulder presses, wide-grip lat pulldowns, Scott presses, DB curls into an upper cut press, and French presses. How many people even know what all those lifts are? A month ago, I had never done the last 3. Now, they are my friends every Tuesday.

My arms hurt.

Today is a legs day focusing on squats.

Friday, I will head to the VT100 race site. I'll be there through Sunday. I'm not racing; I'll be volunteering and crewing and pacing. I'm glad to do those things, but racing is so much more fun and so much easier in some ways.

I'll run a bit on Friday morning to see how my hamstring feels.


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

3 comments:

David Ray said...

French press makes coffee, right?

Boring can be a good thing. No injuries, no whining. Enjoy Vermont.

Fat Charlie the Archangel said...

You'd never done French presses? I was doing them when I was 12.

I think I fall under the category of "folks who know what all of those are - and who have done them".

But I understand how it feels to think that your posts are boring. And guess what? Sometimes they ARE - that's part of blogging.

Heck, nobody wants to hear what I have to say, either - especially since most of what I have to say is "I can't believe that I left Utah for Arizona".

But the therapy may not be in anyone's reading - it may be just the writing that matters.

Damon said...

When I was 12, I thought weight work involved carrying 2 or more bags of Cheetos from the car to the couch.

I knew nothing about fitness and nutrition and I was fat and out of shape. Now, I know too much about fitness and nutrition and I'm fat and in shape. Something isn't right there.