Friday, July 3, 2009

Three straight gym days

Since I got back from CA, I haven't run. I think I'll run tomorrow and maybe bike on Sunday, if the weather holds. But, I have lifted 3 days in a row. Wednesday was an upper body day, yesterday was lower body, and this morning was upper body again.

I can barely type right now. I'm really looking forward to the training plan that I'll be following for the next five months. Endurance work will be de-emphasized in favor of lifting, although I'll still have 2-3 days per week for endurance work.

All in all, it will be a nice change of pace from my recent training.

It's also nice to be home and preparing meals in my own kitchen rather than eating in restaurants all the time (Eclipse Pizza excepted, of course). With July here, the farmers markets have lots of fresh veggies and fruits and it gets a lot easier to eat healthy food for a while. Plus, Alaskan salmon is in season as well.

Somehow, I got roped into working today, on a planned holiday. I guess that goes with the territory in a small start-up kind of company, especially if you've been gone most of the last 2.5 weeks.

No comments: