Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend

The weekend went pretty much as planned and it was a very pleasant and relaxing weekend.

My wife and I went to the farmers market on Saturday morning and then did an 8 mile run together. My hamstring is still not happy, and my tough lifting session on Thursday (lots of squats) had left my legs even more sore for the run than usual.

Saturday night, we hopped in the new car and made a trip to my wife's parents' summer camp to have dinner with them. It was nice to spend the evening with them, and it gave me an excuse to drive some more. We would normally stay overnight, but the dogs were in their crates and we had to come home to rescue them.

Sunday morning, I slept in and then went for a 20 mile bike ride. Then, in the afternoon, we went climbing at Lower West Bolton. We focused on a 5.7 route named Harvest Moon. My wife nailed it three times. I was pathetic, as usual. I haven't climbed much the past few years and I think I need to go back to 5.4 or 5.5 climbs for a while until I'm comfortable on the rock again. My wife is a way better climber than I am. She also loves climbing the way I love running, and it was nice to get her out climbing for the day.

On the way home, we stopped at a great little beer place in Montpelier called Three Penny Taproom. My wife had a couple beers while I drank water. Then, we headed home to grill some steaks for dinner.

1 comment:

David Ray said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Way to be the designated driver.