Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sometimes, it's just time to rest

All day yesterday, I felt tired. Sleepy. Lethargic. Not motivated to work out.

Going into Friday, I had worked out 13 of 14 days and 26 of 30. Due to weather, I took a rest day on Friday. I did some interval work on Saturday, and then rested again on Sunday. But, it still didn't appear to be enough.

I left work at 4:00 yesterday, and got to my rented room about 5:00. I had already decided that CrossFit wasn't going to happen. I went to my room, turned on the AC, and took a nap for 90 minutes. Then, I got up and had some dinner, and went back to bed.

This morning, I felt a lot better. My bike ride to work normally takes 35-37 minutes. This morning, I was in the big chainring most of the way, feeling strong, and I made it in 32 minutes. So, the rest must have done some good.

Tonight, I'll do CrossFit.

But clearly, I just needed some rest the past few days. I need to make sure I'm paying close attention to how I feel, and getting rest days when I need them.

No comments: