Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nice easy run

Last night, when I got home from work, my son and I headed out for an easy 45 minute run with the dogs. It was nice to just hang out with my son for that time. We took it very easy and had fun.

Tonight is a gym night, with rain in the forecast. After lifting, I'm looking forward to watching some hockey playoffs on TV, although once again, the Penguins get prime time and the Sharks get relegated to "we'll show the third period, maybe, if the Pens don't go into OT." I'm glad there's a hockey network out there, but they pretty much suck at times in terms of what they show. There's no reason that home games at Pittsburgh and Detroit could not have their start times separated so both sets of fans could see full games.

Anyway, tomorrow night, I'm planning a relatively short sprinting workout, something like 10 x 100.

Then, Saturday morning, in a cold rain, I'll probably run 5 or so. We are supposed to have some fresh snow on the ground by Sunday morning, so it's doubtful that Sunday will be the first day of the year for a road bike ride. But, soon.

On a sad note, today I take the kids' rented ski equipment back to the rental shop. The season is indeed over and we won't ski for 6+ months right now.

No comments: