Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another busy but productive day

I didn't get home from work until almost 8:30 last night. I worked a little bit late, headed out for a 70 minute run at an easy level of effort, and then had a few errands to do before I drove home. By the time I got home, I was starving and in desperate need of a shower. I took care of the shower first and then sat down at the table for some dinner. My wife and kids had already finished eating because I was so late, but my wife sat with me and talked for a while. After both of us having a long day, a little time together was nice. My poor wife had such a tough day that she never even made it to the gym, although after a 10 mile run on Monday night, I think a rest day was probably good for her.

Dinner was burgers. But, in keeping with my focus on "primal" eating, these weren't average burgers. The beef was local and grass fed. My "bun" was romaine lettuce leaves. No cheese. Lettuce, tomato, and some slices of grilled pork belly were my toppings of choice.

I think the next time I buy a pork belly, I'm going to use my smoker to make some homemade bacon.

After dinner, we sat down on the couch to watch a little bit of hockey. My wife fell asleep immediately, so we didn't stay up too late.

Today, I'll lift after work. But first, I've got a lot of work to get done today.

No comments: