Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let's try this again

I sound like a broken record. All you young kids, google "record" or "LP" or "broken record".

I don't want any of this to sound whiny. It's just the way life is right now, and while I wish I was working out more right now, without a big race on the horizon, this is a good time for me to focus on my job and providing for my family.

I worked until 4:00 yesterday. My wife was mowing the lawn when I got home, and she wanted to mow for a little bit more before we ran. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep instantly. After my wife finished mowing, she decided not to run, so she let me sleep for a while. My wife has been fighting a foot issue near the ball of her foot and just mowing aggravated it yesterday.

So, by the time I woke up, it was well after 6:00, and I skipped running. I made dinner, watched Food, Inc. with my wife, and then went to bed.

I got up at 8:30 this morning and I'm working again. My wife is out running right now, trying to run on a flat paved road, where her foot seems to feel better. I'm going to quit working earlier today than I did yesterday, and then I'm going to go out on my road bike for a while. Today, I'm getting out for a workout unless an absolute disaster happens. I refuse to not work out today.

I'm happy that we have a DVR, so I can ride and then watch the Sharks-Hawks game after my bike ride.

While the hockey game is going on, I'm going to be smoking a huge beef brisket on the grill. We'll probably eat a lot of beef in between the two hockey games tonight.

No comments: