Tuesday, August 25, 2009

PRP and MRI update

I just talked to the doctor about my MRI and the PRP. It looks like we are going to re-schedule the PRP because he wants to do it in the hospital rather than in the clinic. He said that because the injection will be so deep, he needs the better ultrasound machines at the hospital to guide the needle. It hurts just thinking about that.

The tendon is partially torn from the bone, but no bone fragments went with the tendon. And the tear is significant, but not so bad that he thinks I should go straight to a surgeon.

So now, I just have to wait until they can find a time where the facilities and people are all available at the same time. The doctor said they'd try to do it as soon as possible.

In the interim, I'm going to rest for a few days until my back feels better.

Between my back and my hamstring, I feel like I'm in a downward spiral. Perhaps I've reached my athletic expiration date. I believe that in The Lore of Running, Noakes talks about most runners having 20 good years in them. If so, I've been on borrowed time for a few years now.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Well, obviously you might return in full force some day.

But if you don't; hey, doing stuff at the level that I am currently doing it really isn't that bad.

You'll have to recalibrate your mind though. :-)