Monday, August 10, 2009

MRI

That was fast. The hospital needed insurance company pre-approval for an MRI on my hamstring. We filled out the request form on Friday.

Today, at 1:30, they called and said the approval was complete. And, they had a 3:00 slot for an MRI, if I could make it. I jumped at that opportunity, so I'm hopefully one step closer to a solution with my hamstring.

The odd thing is that I'm now actually hoping that the MRI shows a specific injury site. If no acute injury is seen, there is no point in doing the PRP injection, because there is no specific location to target.

If the MRI shows no specific injury site, I am guessing they'll send me back to PT and the chiropractor, rather than doing the PRP treatment.

I've still got three weeks until the treatment is scheduled anyway, and I need to get a blood test (CBC) to make sure I actually have platelets sometime next week. That test has to be done within 14 days of the planned treatment.

As I've said many times before, I just want to run without it being a chore.

No comments: