Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And now I wait...

I don't know how long it will be before I hear back about yesterday's MRI. The hospital where the MRI was done has no employed radiologists, so they use radiologists from another hospital to read their radiology studies. Hopefully, I'll hear fairly soon and we'll know if the PRP is the right answer or if we need to pursue another path.

My legs are beat today after cycling on Saturday, running on Sunday, and doing a squat and lunge workout yesterday. Today is an upper body workout, and tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. Recently, on my scheduled rest days, I've been doing an easy ride or bike run, but I might just rest this time.

So, I just keep plugging along - lifting, riding, running, and trying to eat well.

It's been 11 weeks now since I've had any alcohol and I'm finally seeing my weight and measurements heading in the right direction. To get there, I've also had to be very careful with what I'm eating. Dropping alcohol alone is not enough for me to lose weight, even if I'm working out hard. So now, I'm living life without alcohol and many of the foods I really like. Luckily, we are in the midst of summer and the fruits and veggies from farmers markets are making it easier to eat healthy foods.

4 comments:

David Ray said...

I was thinking about you with no alcohol yesterday and wondering if your weight was coming down without it. That's interesting that the alcohol alone wasn't enough. I'm curious what you are dropping from your diet that is unhealthy?

Damon said...

I've basically dropped flour and sugar - all forms of sugar.

I'm mostly eating lean proteins, fresh veggies, salads, fruit and eggs. Some cheese and nuts for snacks. That's about it.

After a few days without flour and sugar, I really haven't been missing them that much. I'm using fruit as my post-workout recovery food, since I don't have sugar or flour to do that.

David Ray said...

Mmmmm. . . no desserts then. That would be tough for me. Love the fruit though. I would think you would shed some serious pounds with that diet.

Damon said...

No moon pies for me! I doubt that you'd survive, but you've clearly found a way of eating and exercising that has gotten your weight down and your fitness is great right now. So, go with what works.