Thursday, June 19, 2008

If I'm tapering, why am I hungry all the time?

For the past few months, I've watched my diet pretty well and I've slowly lost about15 pounds since the first of the year. I've done it without being hungry a lot. For some reason though, as I've started to taper, I've been starving all the time. Right now, my lunch is being delayed by a meeting that hasn't started yet. All I can think about is food at the moment.

My wife just reminded me by e-mail that I shouldn't undo months of good work by eating too much during my taper. I felt like saying "Thanks mom" to that advice. But, she's right.

Eight miles after work tonight, with 2 tempo miles. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms, but hopefully they'll miss me. Tonight, I start packing my clothes for the trip. My ultra gear is all packed already.

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

No doubt the hunger is the result of not burning as many calories during the taper. At least that's the case with me. I can definitely relate to the hunger.

Hard to believe it's just nine days away....