Friday, June 6, 2008

Numbers

Last night was 7 miles, with 2 easy, 1 hard, 1 easy, 1 hard, 2 easy. The hard miles were done in 6:58 (slight uphill) and 6:32 (slight downhill). The 6:32 was my fastest mile in quite a while, which is both good and bad. It's good that I'm getting faster, but I'm still pretty slow.

My weight seems stuck at 183, despite the fact that I'm eating very carefully 6.5 days out of the week.

My blood pressure was 106/57 this morning, the best reading I've had in years. Since substantially cutting the carbs in my diet over the last few months, my BP has gradually been droppping from borderline high to a much better range. This hopefully means that I won't get any funny looks when they take my BP at WS in a few weeks.

I'm at 967 miles for the year and I'll hit 1000 next week.

Tomorrow, temps will be in the 90s when I run.

No running today, but I lifted and did stair climber intervals this morning.

My race number for WS is 263.

22 days until showtime.

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Sounds like your prime and ready to go for the big show. The heat will be good training for those canyons, I would think. I plan on taking advantage of it.