Thursday, May 12, 2011

A couple of runs

It's been a strange week that has had me away from my office and the CrossFit gym for most of the week. I did CrossFit on Monday and then biked to my rented room. I then biked to the office on Tuesday morning. But, my wife and I were taking a vacation day on Wednesday, so I took the bus home on Tuesday evening. When I got off the bus, my wife and I went for an easy 3 mile run. But, we were both tired from our workouts on Monday, so we didn't go very far.

On Wednesday, we had a couple appointments, but I managed to sneak out for a longer run (almost 2.5 hours - don't ask how few miles I covered in that time). I used Vespa for the first time as a supplement for this run. Vespa is designed to optimize fat metabolism during exercise and it allegedly works very well for people who eat low carb diets. I was quite happy with how I felt during the run - my focus was good and my energy levels were consistent, even when my legs were complaining that they were tired. I'm going to keep training with Vespa and then most likely use it in my marathon in July.

Today, I'm doing some really tedious database work, so I opted to work at home to minimize distractions. I'm posting this while I eat my lunch. Since I'm nowhere near CrossFit or my office, I'm not sure what my workout will be tonight. I ran the past two days, my bike is in my office, CrossFit is far away, but I do have another gym nearby. Ideally, I'd do some upper body lifting today, but I'm still trying to take it easy on my injured shoulder.

Maybe I should take a rest day, but I'm on a roll with training recently, and I don't feel like I really need a rest day. I'm not going to run, but I don't want to do nothing.

No comments: