Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sore and Tired

After not lifting for almost 3 weeks, even a basic workout left me amazingly sore. It's been two days since I lifted and right now, it hurts to move in just about any direction.

Yesterday afternoon at work, I was running some long database queries for some reports that I produce every couple months. I was feeling really tired and almost dozed off while some of the queries were running. When it was time to go home, I was exhausted and we had thunderstorms in the area. Our electricity was out at home.

I laid down in bed at home and immediately fell asleep. My wife woke me up to tell me she was taking the kids for pizza and to see Wall-E (or however it's spelled). I was so out of it that she had to remind me that it was Wednesday evening, and it wasn't time to wake up for work. I woke up about 7:30, got some dinner, did some consulting work for a while and then went back to sleep by 10:30.

So, with today's weather being much nicer, I'll run track intervals tonight. If it doesn't hurt too much to run. I may end up doing some long distance hiking rather than a long run this weekend. I haven't hiked in VT yet this year and it's something I miss doing.

I'd like to say that I should do a mini-taper before pacing at VT100 next week, but it seems that I've been tapering for months now.

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

I love sleeps like that. And this weather is great. Nice to have a breeze going.