Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Easy run

Last night, I headed out for a 6 miler and decided to explore some different roads. That's the really nice thing about having a Forerunner, although I worry sometimes that I'm too worried about time and distance and my training log, and don't pay enough attention to training by feel. I ended up doing 6.1 miles at a 9:10 pace and it felt really easy.

Today, I got to sleep in and I've got 7 x 800m at the track tonight. I'm going to a real track tonight rather than the dirt track I normally run on. I really enjoy running on the track and doing it on a "real" track will be fun. It's been a long time since I've done speedwork on a proper track.

My wife and son are going along tonight and they are both doing 4-6 x 400m as a Daniels "R" workout - very hard effort with long recovery between repeats. My son only has 13 days until high school soccer practice starts and he's making progress in some areas, but slacking in some others. My wife is trying to do some interval work on her non-lifting days. She's lifting MWF, and then trying to do something short and intense on Tuesday and Thursday. She has really fallen in love with lifting and would much rather lift than run these days. She's gotten great results from lifting, so I'm not going to argue with her.

Both of my relay races seem to be approaching quickly - the 100 on 100 here in Vermont and Reach the Beach in NH. One is 2.5 weeks from now and other is less than 6 weeks away. In both events, I'll run 3 legs for a total of 15-17 miles. At 100 on 100, I'll get about 4 hours between legs, while I'll get twice that much rest at Reach the Beach. Both will be good speed/strength work for my marathon training.

No comments: