Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday Run

I had a great run yesterday - 12 miles at an 8:48 pace on rolling roads. I started out nice and easy and after a mile, started trying to focus on running a 9:00-9:15 pace, but I failed miserably. I simply felt good and I'd look at my Forerunner at times to find myself moving closer to 8:00 pace. I was slower on the ups, but I just felt great the entire run. Obviously, this isn't a fast pace, but a run like this on the roads makes me feel good that I can transition my fitness from ultra training to some faster running on the roads.

The baseball game yesterday was fun, except for the Yankees winning easily. We got home really late last night and I slept in today. But, it's a rest day, so I'm not in a hurry to do much of anything. I have to mow the lawn and buy groceries, but that's about it.

Tomorrow morning, I'll start a new lifting routine from New Rules of Lifting, so I'll probably be sore for a few days this week. Tomorrow morning is a 5x5 day, meaning high weights and low reps. Tuesday could find me in a lot of pain and I'm scheduled for 7 x 800m at the track that day.

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

If we don't win tonight, I'll be quite ticked. What's up with the Rays?!

Good job on the run today and good luck tomorrow with the big weights.

Damon said...

Jamie, it was a a great win last night. It was even better for me because Lester is on my rotisserie baseball team. I stuck with him through the rough start this season and it's paying off right now.

The offense is a mess for the Red Sox right now, but the top three pitchers are all throwing great.


Damon

Tania said...

Go Yankees!