Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Big Thank You and a Brief Run Report

I have heard from so many people by comments here or by e-mail, letting me know that they understood my disappointment when WS was cancelled. Thank you to all of you for your nice comments. I did work my butt off and I won't let the fitness go to waste, but it just wasn't time for me to finish WS yet, I suppose.

I have some friends who I work with and run with on occasion, and they are both planning a fall marathon, with plans of going to Boston next spring. I think I'm going to focus on the same thing plus my lifting and getting leaner through the next few months.

One occasional reader of this blog quickly saw through that plan, suggesting it was a ploy to give myself a better chance of running sub-24 at WS next year. And indeed, that was my thought as well. If I can get lean enough and fast enough to qualify for Boston, that will put me in a great position for a good spring next year, leading up to WS 2009.

I guess the fact that I didn't get to run this year means I'm going to continue this blog for another year as well. That might not be good news for the internets.

Oh yeah - a run report. I ran at Rancho San Antonio this morning again, but did the shorter loop, so my wife could have the rental car to take the kids to the beach for the day. I ran the loop in 65:44. I've run it three times now, and I've run the one tough uphill mile in 9:50-9:58 each time. I might run it one more time tomorrow before we head home on Friday morning.

No comments: