Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Recovery week

I got out for an easy 3 miler last night. I ran in shorts. Outside. In Vermont. I don't remember the last time I did that, but it was probably October.

After my run, I went to yet another contentious Select Board meeting. The 2 members who seem to be running the show these days have a new scheme for our Municipal Building, and it doesn't seem very "clean" to me, from a political perspective. If they consider this option, they really should re-open the entire process to any bidder or property owner out there. In reality, I believe they are simply trying to stall for time, so the purchase offer for the property the town voters approved will be withdrawn. Then, they will "be forced" to pursue alternatives, and they'll get their way without ever officially voting against the voters.

Last night, the wife of one of the two new members challenged a statement that I made to the board. She and her husband both work at the hospital where I work, and my wife is about to transfer to the woman's department. I was able to quickly and fully refute her statement, but I really worry if the political divisions in our town are going to affect how people work together during the day. I certainly hope not, and my wife has stayed out of the political end of things, but it does worry me.

Oh yeah, running. I'll do an easy uphill 6+ tonight, running home from work. Tomorrow, I think I'll lift in the morning, and hopefully my hamstring won't give me any troubles on deadlifts.

I'm still hoping to be recovered enough by Saturday to do an easy 20.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damon, Damon, Damon -

You are living in a state that (reputedly) didn't elect a Democrat to ANY state office for 125 years; then was flooded with draft-dodgers who were waiting near the border to head to Canada in case their number got called.

Political divisions? You're lucky that it's not open warfare : )