Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Better today

My snowshoe walk got cancelled by pouring rain last night. I did grill some chicken in the rain, but the dogs and my wife wanted nothing to do with hiking in the rain. I wasn't really up for it either, to be honest.

This morning, I got up early and went to the gym. I combined some bodyweight exercises with stretching and foam rolling for about an hour. I hate the foam roller sometimes, because the pressure can be so intense. But, I always feel better after I use it. I did some push-ups, pull-ups, prisoner squats, and a variety of ab exercises. And, I went through a stretching routine from my chiropractor twice. The first time through, I was very tight, but after some foam rolling and some other exercises, things had loosened up a bit.

Tonight, I'll run for 30-40 minutes after work. Hopefully, I'll run for an hour tomorrow. And then on Thursday, I'll try to do the weight workout that took me out last week. That workout is the last in my current series, and the next series is much harder. I'm anxious to get started with the next set of workouts there.

If I feel better by the weekend, I'll run 20 on Saturday and then do some skiing on Sunday. Next week should be a 60+ mile week - my first of the year.

No comments: