Friday, July 22, 2011

Heat Wave

The heat just doesn't seem to want to quit. I've slept with the AC on for days now. The last time I went a night without AC it was because I was awake all night at the Vermont 100. It seemed like today would be cooler, but the last time I checked, it was 96F outside.

I don't even want to leave the air-conditioned building where I work.

But, I will do that about 4:00 and head to CrossFit on my bike. After CrossFit, I'll ride a bit more and then jump right into the swimming pool.

After some air-conditioned sleep, I'll ride my bike for a few hours to meet my wife tomorrow, saving some more gas money this week. I'll start at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow to try to beat the heat.

After that ride, I don't know if I want to go outside for the rest of the weekend, unless the heat wave finally breaks.

Next week, it appears that I'll be in my office every day, so I'll do a lot of CrossFit workouts. After a couple easy weeks before and after the marathon, I'll do three CrossFit workouts this week, and hopefully at least four next week.

No comments: