Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back at it

I took yesterday as a rest day. After being on my feet for about 18 hours at the race, and then walking for four hours to the finish, my feet and legs were killing me after the end of the 100. I think that I managed to get dehydrated while working the aid stations, which made the four hours of walking a bit more difficult. I was tired enough that I worked from home yesterday, rather than coming into the office.

Today, I'm back in my office and it's time to get back to the workout routine. I'm planning to ride to CrossFit tonight and do the CF workout and then ride back to my room. Hopefully it will be a workout that's kind to my tired legs.

Right now, I've taken off 12 of the last 25 days. Part of that was tapering for the marathon and then recovery from the marathon and then some time volunteering at the race last weekend. But, it's time to get back to a more regular schedule. Before this recent 25 days, I had put in two really solid months of workouts.

I am running in a 100 mile (6 person team) relay race next month, so I've got another event to shoot for right now. After that, I need to decide if I want to run a 50K in September and a 50 miler in October, and a trail marathon in November. My guess is that I'll either do all three or none of them. I'm just not sure which way I'll go.

No comments: