Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nice run

After work last night, I headed out for an easy six miler. The first mile is downhill, which is where my hamstring normally bothers me the most. Last night, I didn't even think about my hamstring. I was slow, but I felt strong and relaxed for the entire run.

The only time I even thought about my stride was on a slight downhill after about five miles, where I noticed that my left knee was complaining a little bit.

But, other than that, it was a very encouraging run - easily the best run I've had in six months.

I'm glad that last night went so well, because tonight's workout is legs in the gym and it's going to be a brutally tough workout. I can guarantee that I'll be sore for the next couple of days. The workout starts with a superset of front and rear squats. I will start with 10 reps of front squats. Then, whatever weight I can handle for the 10 front squats, I'm supposed to use that same weight and do back squats to failure. Rest 3 minutes. Repeat the front squat/back squat superset three more times.

And then, I have Bulgarian split squats and lateral squats to finish the workout. I'm sore just thinking about it.

2 comments:

David Ray said...

Good to hear the run went well. All those squats sound painful.

Fat Charlie the Archangel said...

Glad to hear it's going well.

My PF had almost gone completely into remission - until this morning. And me with a halfathon on Saturday.

Well, it's not bad - in fact, it's not noticeable unless I think about it. So I can live with it.