Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hill Repeats

It seems odd to have have speed-work prescribed for recovery from a torn hamstring tendon, but I'm just the patient. And, I've been patient for almost six months. I'm tired of running slowly all the time, and not running that often.

So, yesterday, after a 2.5 mile warm-up, I did six uphill quarters on a dirt road. Other than the fact that I'm in terrible shape for trying to run fast, it was a good workout. My hamstring didn't complain, my stride seemed better than it has been, and it was a tough workout.

Tonight, I'll do lower body lifting. My next run will probably be a 10 miler on Saturday, in cold weather.

Snowflakes are expected at lower elevations next week.

My snow tires aren't scheduled for installation until the 22nd, I believe.

No comments: