Saturday, August 23, 2008

Consistency

I think I found my consistency today. Apparently, a few things are needed:

1) Don't run the day before
2) Don't do lower body lifting the day before
3) Wear racing flats
4) Run at the track

I had a really good workout today - 8x800m. My plan was to be steady and nothing more. I did not want to fade at the end of the workout. According to Daniels' Running Formula, my time for 800s should be 3:28 based on my race 2+ weeks ago.

Here were my splits from today:

3:25
3:25
3:24
3:25
3:24
3:22
3:22
3:22

The first 3 felt really easy, the next couple were a more moderate effort, and then I worked the last 3 to avoid slowing down. In reality, I sped up. On the last repeat, my lap splits were 1:42/1:40.

Good day today. I'm hanging out at my in-laws' camp in the Northeast Kingdom of VT right now, doing absolutely nothing. I might go fishing. I might not. My wife and daughter were just watching a loon outside.

Tomorrow, I'll sleep in (no alarm clock) and then probably do an easy 8 miler - some of it with my wife.

No comments: