Friday, February 8, 2008

Tough workout last night

Thanks to the poor start to my day yesterday, I decided to lift and then do a short run at night. I very rarely lift and run in the same training session, but I only had time to work out once yesterday. Here were my lifts and the weights. All were 3x10s, done in 3 supersets:

Deadlift - 205
Incline DB Presses - 45

Bulgarian Split Squat - 2x25
Mixed Grip Lat Pulldown - unsure of weight - I just know the number on the machine (11)

Romanian Deadlift - 155
Rope-grip Cable Woodchop - "9" on the machine

Five of those six lifts were new highs for the amount of weight lifted when going for that many reps. I've done more weight for some of them as a single rep or a set of 5, but never for more than 5 reps. All of them are approximately double where I was last June, with perhaps the least progress on lat pulldowns.

Then, I hopped on the treadmill. I walked the first mile at 4mph, and then slowly ran 3 more. I was a bit sore this morning in my glutes and upper hamstrings, most likely from the Romanian DLs. I did another easy 6 on the treadmill this morning and I'll run again tonight.

After a lot of snow this week, we are going to have an amazing ski weekend. I'm going to do some snowboarding as well this weekend - something I do a couple times per year with the children I teach. They really enjoy snowboarding and most of them are better at it than I am, which they also enjoy. It's hard to believe that I'll be done teaching skiing for another winter in just 6 weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: