Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One other thing

On the first of the year, I switched from lifting 3x per week to 2x. So far, my strength has continued to improve, but I noticed a few changes in the last week or two. Squats and deadlifts are making me more sore than I've been in the recent past. Maybe it's increased weight on the deadlifts, but my squats have not increased. I was very sore from both of my last two weight workouts.

I have read somewhere that lifting 2x per week is for maintenance and 3x or more is needed for improvement. Maybe I'm still trying to improve but not lifting enough. After I'm done teaching skiing for the winter, I'll probably go back to 3x per week, at least for a little while, to see how things go. My third day might be easier than the other two, but I do miss that third day of lifting each week.

No comments: