Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just like April

I feel just like I did in April when I first hurt my hamstring. Well, maybe not quite as bad. Sitting is uncomfortable but tolerable. My range of motion is restricted right now, I'm sore, but it's not too bad overall.

I'll take the dogs out for a walk after work today. I'll walk on the roads rather than trails to keep the risk of a fall or re-injury to a minimum.

I mentioned to the doctor yesterday that I had tickets to the Penn State football game this weekend, and he was a little freaked out. Then I clarified that my wife and son are going to the game and I'm staying home. He didn't think it was a good idea for me to spend 10 straight hours in a car right now.

So, for the next few days, I'll put some extra time in at work, do some easy walking, make sure I continue to eat well, practice my guitar, sit on an ice pack periodically, and then enjoy a weekend with my daughter.

Overall, based on my recent workouts and the minor injuries that have popped up, a period of reduced activity will be good for this old body of mine.

I'm really glad that the PRP is behind me and I can now wait and watch for its results.

2 comments:

David Ray said...

Hoping for good results with that thing. It didn't sound like a fun procedure.

Damon said...

Thanks. I'm certainly glad the procedure is over. I don't know if I'll ever quite get over that sensation of the needle slowly pushing through muscle tissue that wasn't deadened by the anesthetic.