Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Treadmill miles

My knee seems just fine on the treadmill and that's where I ran last night and this morning. I did an easy hour last night after work and another hour before work this morning. After work today, I probably have time for another 45 minutes or so on the treadmill. I'm curious how it will feel when I'm skiing this coming weekend, but I think it's going to be fine.

It looks like my attempts to gain early morning access to a treadmill are not going to work out. In the past, I've been allowed to have keys to two different places, and I could start long runs very early in the morning during the winter. A few times each winter, I'd start a long run at 3:00 in the morning and still make it to work on time. But, one of the two places is no longer in business and the owner of the second place has decided he doesn't want any off-hours access to the facility.

This means that I can't get to a treadmill before 6:00 a.m. at the earliest. I can start earlier if I'm running outside though. I've never done a long snowshoe run in the dark, but I think I see that happening in the near future.

3 comments:

David Ray said...

Might be easier to get your own treadmill. But glad to hear nothing serious on the knee. Those are the kind of things I hate. Like hitting your toe on the coffee table. Hope it works itself out quick.

Damon said...

I don't really have a place in my house to put a treadmill. With two kids, two dogs, two cats, and my wife, plus all those electronics I mentioned yesterday, the house is pretty full. I'll just do what I can. Winters are always challenging for me anyway. Right now, I'm working 3 jobs, trying to train, and trying to still be part of my family. But, my family knows that wintertime is a tough time of year for me, and they cut me a lot of slack. The paychecks I bring home and the ski instruction I do allow them a lot of freedom to do the things that they love.

Speed Racer said...

That's kind of scary. Oh the things we do... I'm sure that if someone who didn't know you and was completely unfamiliar with running read this post he/she would want to ship you off to the funny farm. I say that's pretty bad ass!