Friday, January 25, 2008

When I have nothing to say...

"When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?"

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer


Of all the phases of training for a race, base training is probably the least interesting. I do lots of slow miles, many days just like the one before. Today, 2 hours of easy running. Ski this weekend. Same old stuff. Nothing to say.

In the past 24 hours, I have solidified plans to pace Tom Watson at Massanutten this spring. I also printed the application for the Pineland Farms races in May, the weekend after Massanutten. I think I'll enter the 50 miler there for now, just so I have that option on race weekend, but I might drop down to the 50K if I'm tired from the previous weekend. I think my spring racing and long run schedule is now complete. All that's left is execution.

No comments: