Monday, January 7, 2008

Plane tickets for Western States

This morning, I purchased plane tickets for the whole family to travel to Western States in June.

This past weekend, I ate and drank like someone who doesn't have an important race coming up in a few months. I had alcohol 3 days in a row this past weekend and I certainly could have eaten better as well.

Friday night, we went to a Mexican restaurant and I had 3 margaritas with dinner.

Saturday night, we did a late birthday celebration and we drank wine at home. One of the wines was amazing - 1978 Chateau Beaucastel. I purchased this bottle almost 20 years ago. Actually, I bought two of them at the time and we opened one of them in 1992 or so. At the time, it seemed a long way from being ready to drink. On Saturday, it was fantastic, but it's time to drink it if you have it. I just don't see it getting an better than it is now, and it might be past its peak, depending on storage.

Yesterday, I had a couple beers after skiing. I've had some great beers from Stone Brewing Company in the past few months. Their Arrogant Bastard is a very nice beer, and the Ruinator IPA is also quite nice, but pricey at $15/6-pack here in the northeast. My favorite of their beers is probably the "regular" IPA, which is a relative bargain at under $10/6-pack.

I'm a little sore from skiing this weekend; we had great snow conditions and I skied hard on difficult terrain. I slept in this morning, and I'll run for at least an hour after work tonight, maybe more. Tomorrow, I'll run twice for a total of 2.5 hours.

I'll also step on the scale tomorrow morning. I created a chart that shows target weight loss numbers recently. I've decided that any time my weight is above the target number for a given date, I will completely abstain from alcohol until I get back to where I'm supposed to be.

No comments: