Thursday, January 17, 2008

Second part of my 20 miler

Things continued to be crazy last night - for a while. I had to stop at a computer store downtown, return a movie, stop to talk to a business owner about some town business, and then stop at another store. Finally, after all of that, I got to the gym. The gym is my refuge from the craziness of the rest of my day.

I turned on the TV and started the treadmill and just cruise-controlled my way to the rest of the day's 20 miles. Partway through my workout, my wife showed up to do her workout, so we got to talk for a while. After my run, I was happy and relaxed and headed home for dinner. Because I wasn't working out this morning, I spent a little time on my consulting work and then a little time just reading. It was nice to just read for a while. It was even better to sleep in until 6:30 this morning.

Tonight, I'll do an easy 1-hour run on the treadmill. Tomorrow will be weights in the morning and then an easy hour on the treadmill at night.

The 20 mile day went surprisingly well - not nearly as tough as last time. But, the last time, I did the miles in a straight shot, rather than splitting them up.

It looks like the skiing will be much better this weekend than last weekend, but Sunday will be a tough day from a temperature perspective. When teaching kids, or anyone really, rule number one is always safety. So, I'm guessing we'll take lots of breaks this Sunday to protect cold toes and feet.

No comments: