Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CrossFit

My CrossFit workout last night was too easy. For the first time in a while, I selected the wrong level, and should have picked a higher level.

We warmed up with some stretching and then some partner drills with medicine balls. The next part of the workout was split presses in sets of 3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1. But, my shoulder is not ready for split presses yet, so the coach had me do back squats instead. Because I'd done them the day before on my own, I was a little tired, and didn't push the weight too much, maxing out at 245.

Then, the main part of the workout was as follows:

Sets of 50-40-30-20-10 reps for two exercises:

Kettlebell swings
Jump Rope double-unders

If you can't do a double-under, you are supposed to multiply the rep count by 3. I looked at the weights for the kettlebells and settled on level 2, with a 26 pound kettlebell, and a prescription of single rope jumps, rather than doubles.

I finished the workout in just under 10 minutes and it wasn't as hard as it should have been. I probably should have mixed level 1 and 2, and done my rope jumps as 150-120-90-60-30 instead to make it more challenging.

Tonight will be CrossFit again.

Work, train, sleep, ski - that's pretty much my life right now and I can tell that I'm finally getting more fit rather than backsliding or remaining static.

No comments: