Tuesday, March 1, 2011

60 Days into the Year

Today marks the 60th day of the calendar year. One-sixth of the year (approximately) is gone. I don't really make resolutions at the start of the year, but it's nice to periodically assess how I'm doing with the things I really love.

So far this year, I've been to the gym 15 times and to CrossFit 8 times. Tonight should make that 9 and 16. I've skied 22 days so far this year. I haven't been to the gym and skied in the same day, so I've been "active" for 38 of 60 days. That is simply not enough.

My weight remains too high. My diet isn't what it should be. I'm never going to get to where I want to be if I continue the way things are going.

After today, I will be skiing four of the next five days. For the first two of those four, I'll be a student. The other two will be my normal teaching work. One good thing about the year so far is that I'm skiing as well as I ever have. Nonetheless, I'm likely to have my ego bruised at the clinic I'm doing the next couple days - exam preparation for the PSIA Level 3 skiing exam. But, I'll simply do my best and ask the Examiner for constructive feedback.

I have four weekends of ski instruction left. After that, I'll continue to ski, but not as often as I'm doing now.

Work remains busy. Having a family and a long commute remains an issue. But, I have to find a way to make this all work and get my training done. In past years, I pretty much made training my top priority. I feel like I can't do that right now, but if I don't start doing better, I won't lose any weight and I won't get any more fit. Right now, I'm simply not happy with my weight or fitness level, especially my endurance.

Hopefully, on 5/1, I'll report that I've turned some things around during the next two months of the year.

No comments: