Monday, January 31, 2011

Proposed Modification to the Definition of a Week

If I was thirty again, this wouldn't be an issue. But, I'm not. I'm old. I'm working 5 days per week at my real job. Working out after work as often as possible.

Then, I teach skiing to some energetic "tween" girls all weekend. When Monday rolls around and it's time to go back to my real job and the gym, it's just not working. I think I've come up with a solution, but I don't know how to get it implemented.

I can work Monday through Friday. I can handle that. I've been doing it for years. I can teach skiing on Saturday and Sunday. I've been doing that for years. But suddenly, I seem to need an eighth day, just like a Hobbit needs a second breakfast. So, I'm proposing an additional day between Sunday and Monday. I don't care what we call it. I could suggest "Damon's Rest Day", but naming it after myself is a bit pompous. Perhaps just "Restday" or something basic.

I could sleep in, do nothing, and be much more ready for the other seven days if I had that rest day. Or maybe not. I'd probably find something to do that day as well.

But for now, I feel old and tired. We skied hard this weekend, skiing in trees most of the time. It was fun, but I could still feel the after-effects of the Cindy workout all weekend. There has to be a way to get Restday into the calendar.

No comments: