Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Day But I'm Exhausted

Due to a snowstorm, I left home yesterday morning planning to stay in Burlington, near my office. I could have worked at home yesterday and today to avoid driving in bad weather, but that would have meant missing two CrossFit workouts. Plus, I had some work to do that really needed to be done in my office.

After work, I headed to CrossFit. The workout was as follows:

30-20-10 AQAP:
Box Jumps 24/18
Kettlebell Swings 70/53
Games Push-ups
Thrusters 95/65
Sumo Deadlift High-pulls 95/65

This was the "prescribed" workout, but I went for Level 2 instead:
25-15-5 AQAP:
Box Jumps 18
Kettlebell Swings 35
Knee Push-ups
Thrusters 45
Sumo Deadlift High-pulls 45

When there are two numbers shown, the first is the weight to be used by men and the second by women. I don't remember the women's weights for level 2, to be honest. The number for the box jumps is the height in inches of the box you use for the jumps.

Basically, I went through each movement doing 25 reps, another round at 15 and then a round at 5. This was one of the longer workouts and it took me 16:32. Some of the people who did the prescribed workout took longer than 20 minutes. There were a lot of tired people in the gym after this one.

After the workout, I went to a nearby restaurant and had a salad, some asparagus and a steak for dinner - full paleo compliance for the meal and the day. Then, I went to a nearby hotel and fell asleep almost instantly while the storm continued outside.

I got to work early today and I'll leave early to do the 4:30 CrossFit workout before I head home. We are supposed to get some more snow today, but hopefully the drive home will be reasonable. The roads across the state were pretty nasty yesterday.

Our next snowstorm is scheduled for Friday and then we will see our first truly bitterly cold days of the winter this coming weekend. My ski instruction will be more about frostbite prevention than anything else this weekend, I'm afraid.

No comments: