Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CrossFit Simplicity

Last night's workout was incredibly simple, yet plenty tough.

We started with our Wendler squat work. This was a deloading week, so the squats were fairly easy, and I maxed out at 210 pounds.

We did 3 sets of 5 reps at easy weights.

Next was 5 sets of 10 reps of box squats - a squat where you actually sit down for a second at the bottom and then return to the standing position. I did one set at 135 and 4 sets at 155.

And then, the MetCon:

10 minutes, as many reps as possible
10 burpees
10 pull-ups

How can anything be more simple than that? Most people could do this at home, although band-assisted pull-ups are tougher at home.

I came within 3 reps of 5 rounds - just couldn't get those last three pull-ups to finish the round. Most people got 6-7 rounds. The best part for me was that all 50 burpees were done with good form - no crawling back to a standing position, followed by a slight jump. That is the most quality burpees I've done in a workout at CF.

I feel pretty good today after that workout. Let's see what tonight brings...

No comments: