Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easing back into it

I am vertical today and in my office. I'm going to go to CrossFit in a couple hours. But, I'm not going to do the Rx'd workout, and probably not even level 1. I'll probably lallygag my way through level 2 - just to ease myself back into the workout.

My road bike is in the bike shop right now. I will get it back early next week. Given the time and cost of my commute, my wife and I have been discussing me renting a room close to the office, and bike commuting around town during the week, and then riding a commuter bus home for the weekends and back for the work week. I think we would end up saving money, even with the cost of renting a room. We would certainly save wear and tear on the cars. We would save me a lot of commuting time, or my commuting time would be on a bike, not in a car.

I would give up some time with my family for a while, which is not my first choice. But, if we do it, it will be an experiment that we can quit whenever we decide it's not working.

Back to work...

No comments: