Friday, April 30, 2010

Trying to find some consistency

I had a good lifting session on Tuesday. On Wednesday, work was too crazy and I never got to the gym or out for a run.

Yesterday was even worse. Our CEO has been looking at cash flow numbers and they aren't pretty. So, he furloughed a very new employee. This means I am once again the entire IT department and I have a huge and complex deadline at the end of May. The next few weeks are going to be tough.

But, rather than just giving in to my urges last night (going home and just drinking beer was my first instinct after the sudden staffing change at work), when I got home, my wife and I took the dogs out for a 40 minute run. Then, I cooked a healthy dinner for us as well. I will admit I had some beer while watching the NHL playoffs, but a reasonable amount.

Today, after work, my time is tight, but I think I can squeeze in 45 minutes at the gym. Tomorrow morning, my son takes his SATs, and I think my wife and I are going to drop him off and do a long-ish slow run while he takes the test.

We'll see about Sunday.

But, if I run twice and lift twice this week, as bad as that is, it will be one of my better weeks recently. Now, I just have to find a way to get through May.

No comments: