Monday, March 29, 2010

Tired

This past weekend was my last weekend teaching skiing this season. As much as I love the job and as much as I love skiing, I'm just plain tired right now. I haven't had many days since Thanksgiving where I wasn't working at the mountain or at my day job. Three of the days I took off work from my day job were spent in skiing clinics, where I was the student.

I seemed to be sicker this past winter than in previous years. I caught a bad cold early in the ski season and the cough has still not fully resolved. It seemed that every time I was getting close to being 100%, another cold would get me. I also took my first ever sick days from teaching skiing this winter, and this is my 9th year of teaching. This could be simply because I'm getting older and pushing so hard, but it could also be about diet, lack of sleep, or maybe just bad luck. But, I hope to not have any more winters like this one, in terms of how healthy and fit I feel while skiing.

So, it's time to get some extra rest for a while. I don't think I'm going to work out at all tonight. I'm going home from work, eating dinner, and going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day after a long night of sleep tonight. By the end of the week, we are going to have some 70 degree days, so I'm looking forward to running in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt.

No comments: