Monday, March 22, 2010

One week to go...

I had my 15th weekend of teaching skiing the past two days. Saturday was amazing, with soft spring snow and huge, soft moguls. Sunday started out slowly after it got below freezing overnight, but about 12:30 yesterday, the snow softened quickly and I spent the rest of the afternoon skiing tough bump runs with just two of my students. Next weekend is the end of teaching, but hopefully not the end of skiing for the season. I hope to ski at least one day per weekend through April, if the snow lasts that long. It's raining right now, but we are expecting some snow in the mountains tomorrow night.

This morning, my legs are pretty beat up from the weekend of skiing, so I'll do an upper body lifting workout tonight. My department at work is down a person right now, so I've got a lot of work to do, and I have to be in the office rather than tele-commuting. This will cost me a lot of time each day, but I'm determined to still get in my workouts.

My eating has been pretty solid, although I have eaten some grains at the mountain the past two weekends. There are very few options for healthy food at a ski resort, and I admit that I've been rather lazy in not packing some lunches for myself. But, I am incrementally cleaning up my diet right now. When ski season ends in a few weeks, my beer consumption will probably drop considerably, which should help me to drop a few pounds.

No comments: