Friday, March 19, 2010

Lost?

So much is going on. Today is the last day for an employee of mine where I work. I've been trying to learn as much as I can from him before he is gone. We are moving our application to new servers and a new network. Actually, it's not we, it's me. Doing software updates. Supporting customers. Way too busy.

I've been working out when I can. I ran 6 on Wednesday - my longest run in way too long. I lifted on Monday. I may do some quick sprints tonight, which I also did last Friday - 10 x 20 seconds all out with about a minute of rest.

I have two weekends of ski instruction left. That's basically my refuge right now. I'm looking forward to those four days of teaching over the two weekends.

My biggest fear right now is that after I'm done teaching, that will mean my weekends are free for working. I at least need to do some recreational skiing or some running on the weekends. But, work will be there as well.

My wife got a promotion at work. Her department is down a person, so she's basically doing her old job and her new job. Plus, she's coaching my daughter's Destination Imagination team. They compete tomorrow, so that will be over. Unless, of course, they win a state championship and they want to go to Tennessee for the national championship. They won at states last year, but they moved to a harder category this year, so who knows what will happen? If they win, my wife has to do coaching and fund-raising.

Last night, we deserted the kids to have dinner together in a restaurant, just so we could have some time together.

My son is still teaching skiing and doing school stuff. The SATs are coming up. He seems to have his first choice college picked out - University of Utah. He can't fool me; it's a choice made because of skiing, but it's not a bad choice at all.


Busy, busy, busy. I need a vacation day just so I can play my guitar sometime.


I look at the trouble and see that it's raging,
While my guitar gently weeps.
As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging,
Still, my guitar gently weeps.

No comments: