Monday, March 8, 2010

On another note

I mentioned in my last post that I've been heavier this winter compared to winters past. During the summer, I had made some changes in my diet that were really helping me. I was essentially following the eating plan of the Primal Blueprint and I wasn't drinking any alcohol at all. I was lifting heavy, running as my hamstring would tolerate running, and doing some bike rides. My weight was dropping slightly and my BF% was really dropping.

And then, in September, it all fell apart. I started drinking again after four months of no alcohol. I started eating grains again. I got lazy with dairy, no doubt eating too much. I allowed myself some sugary treats, something I very rarely do.

And, by November, I was getting sick. And gaining weight. I was drinking some alcohol on a near daily basis after four months of no alcohol at all.

So, I've decided that I need to return to the Primal Blueprint lifestyle. It's been very effective for me, but when I don't follow it, it obviously can't work.

This time, rather than changing everything overnight, I'm going to ease into it a bit. One new habit every week.

This week, grains disappear from my diet. I've gotten to the point where I'm eating bread every single day right now, and that has to change. So, no grains from now on. This is a huge challenge all by itself, and I want a week to make it happen.

For breakfast, I had eggs with ricotta cheese, veggies and sausage.

For lunch, a salad with tuna and veggies.

If I'm going to get myself back to being in really good shape, it has to be something I MAKE happen, rather than hoping it will happen all by itself.

Time to get back to work.

Next week, I'm planning to ditch sugar as well.

No comments: