Thursday, May 14, 2009

Running Today?

I never made it to the gym last night. The track meet started later than advertised and it went on forever. I got to watch Peter run the 1500, but I left before he ran the 3000, which is his favorite event. The 3000 was scheduled for 9:00 p.m. and they were behind schedule.

In the 1500, Peter won his heat easily, running 4:46 according to my watch. That was his fastest time this season, but not his best ever. His coach had apparently not submitted seeding times, so they put him in the slow heat. He definitely didn't belong there and he led wire to wire.

I can't find any times on the web, so I don't know how the 3000 went. Track season ends in a few more weeks, and then Peter goes to a cross country camp for a week or so. We'll start working together after I return from Western States.

My plan for today is to run 8 miles after work. But, we have a severe wind warning, with gusts of 55mph expected. To go along with that, we are supposed to get a soaking rain with the wind this afternoon. I really want and need to run, but it sounds like it's not going to be very much fun.

Time to get some work done, I suppose...

No comments: