Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not much going on

PT yesterday went OK - some ultrasound and then massage work. The hammie felt pretty good when I left, but I took a rest day to let my trashed quads recover some. The therapist was surprised that my Saturday workout had been OK'd by the sports doc and the chiropractor, but when I told her that they asked me to take trekking poles, she seemed OK with that.

Based on suggestions from the sports doc, I set up PT appointments twice per week until I leave for a week in Costa Rica on 6/14.

Tonight, I have a meeting right after work, but it's right beside the gym, so I'll work out in the gym after work. Tomorrow, I'm planning an easy 6 or so, but I have an 8:00 a.m. meeting and a post-work "going-away" celebration. Maybe I'll sneak out for a six miler at lunch tomorrow. I haven't run at lunch since I started this job, so maybe it's time.

My attendance at Sunday's race is still about 50-50. I want to go, but I don't want to injure myself by trying to do an ultra if my stride is compromised.


David Ray said...

Costa Rica? That sounds nice.

How far away is the race? Use it as a training run? Or not.

Damon said...

I'm chaperoning a school trip to Costa Rica. It's the Spanish Club and both Spanish teachers are female, but 7 of the 11 students going are male. I got my trip basically for free for agreeing to be the male chaperone.

The timing is somewhat bad, mostly because I have to take all kinds of meds to prevent tropical illnesses and I could still get something anyway - right before WS. But, it should be a fun trip.

The race is about 3.5-4.0 hours away in Maine.