Friday, May 8, 2009

Plugging along

Last night, I spent 30 minutes on a spinning cycle and then did some upper body lifting - high reps, low weights. It was pouring outside, so riding outside wasn't really an option.

This morning, I saw the chiropractor before work. I have a PT appointment this afternoon.

The chiropractor said that things are looking much better, my stride is better, and he thinks I'll be running in about a week or so. For a grade 2 hamstring strain, 2-3 weeks is about typical to allow for return to limited activity, and it's been 13 days right now. So, while I'm impatient, it sounds like I'm right about where I should be. And, I'm still managing to work out every day.

Tonight, I'm going to try the stair climber for a while and see how that feels. If that doesn't work, I'll find something else to do. I want to take today off the bike with a longer ride tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm going bike riding with the person from whom I bought my road bike. He took the money I gave him (plus a bunch more) and bought a new road bike. So, we're planning 40+ miles tomorrow, if he can go slowly enough for me. We have to ride fast enough to finish before the rain starts.

No comments: