Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easing back into workouts

Last night, I went to the gym after work. I did my scheduled lifting session, which had sets of 2x20. After Sunday's run, 2x20s were perfect to just get my body moving, but with low weights.

Tonight, I'll run home from work at a nice, easy pace. Tomorrow night, I plan on going a little further after work if tonight goes well.

I'm going to PA this weekend for Penn State's annual spring football scrimmage. I'll get to hang out with my brother for the weekend, which will be a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get in a nice trail run on Saturday morning before the game. The weather for the weekend looks beautiful.

After this lower intensity week, next week will be another step up in mileage, to the mid-50s or so. I think I got in just over 51 miles last week and I managed to survive.

No comments: