Monday, November 17, 2008

Laziest person on the planet

After 7 days of no exercise at all, I should be excited to get back to working out. Instead, I've been thinking that perhaps another week or two, or maybe a month or two, of rest, would be good. I've frequently claimed that I'm the laziest person on the planet, and I'm only a few bad decisions away from a situation that finds me sitting on the couch, weighing 300 pounds, and eating a bucket of chicken. The only clothes that would fit me anymore would be sweat pants and I'd have to quit my job because I couldn't find any work-suitable clothes in size XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.

OK, that's enough of that. I plan on lifting tonight and running tomorrow morning before work.

I am a bit concerned about my right heel. Saturday morning, I woke up to the sound of dog footsteps upstairs in our house. The dogs are not allowed upstairs and we have a gate to prevent them from going there. When they do sneak upstairs, they immediately eat the cats' food. Then, if still hungry, they go for the jimmy-covered treats in the litter box. That leads to them getting sick and one time, to an expensive vet trip.

So, when I heard dog sounds upstairs, I ran out of bed and up the stairs. I herded the guilty dog back downstairs and gave the cats some more food. But, on my way down the stairs, I slipped and landed hard on my right heel. I try to never walk barefoot, just to protect my feet, but when I was in a hurry, I went barefoot. Hopefully the bruise to my right heel won't be a long-term issue.

2 comments:

David Ray said...

A body at rest tends to stay at rest. How true that is.

Tania said...

You crack me up...that would never happen. Hope your heel is OK.