Friday, November 14, 2008

Just relaxing

I've been sleeping a lot this week and just taking it easy. I've had no desire at all to run or lift. I still have one spot in my left calf that's a bit tight, but otherwise, the soreness has faded.

I have to say that I'm still doing just fine with my result from Sunday. On that day, I did the best I could and I didn't quit when doing so was very, very tempting. It's time to look ahead rather than back. I don't have time for "should have" or "could have" thoughts right now. I have lots of work to do for Western States next summer.

Tomorrow morning, I have my 3rd ski school meeting of the year. I wish we could just get to the skiing part, rather than talking about skiing. I'm on the training staff for the ski school, and we have a new ski school director this year, so training will be different than last year. I spent 6 years going through pre-season training as a "student" in the training sessions, and this will be my second year as a trainer. In my 8 years, we've had about 6 different ski school directors and as many different training directors, so things are different every year. This year, the people in those two roles are people who I've worked with in the past and they are strong skiers, instructors and managers. The mountain is scheduled to open a week from tomorrow, although it may be the following weekend before I get to ski.

My wife and son are going to PA this weekend to see a Penn State football game. So, I'm going to hang out with my daughter and some adult friends. We're going to my daughter's favorite restaurant tomorrow night, which should be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Skiing is COLD! What mountain do you work at?

Tania said...

Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Damon said...

I teach at Sugarbush. This will be my 8th season as an instructor.

And I love cold weather. I hate heat. I'll never even consider running Badwater because I hate running in the heat.