Thursday, January 7, 2010

One more workout

Upper body lifting, starting with alternating sets of bench presses and bent-over barbell rows, with three minutes rest:

BP: 6 x 135
Row: 6 x 155
BP: 1 x 155
Row: 1 x 175
BP: 6 x 135
Row: 6 x 155
BP: 1 x 165
Row: 1 x 175
BP: 12 x 115
Row: 10 x 135
BP: 18 x 95

The single rep at 165 for the bench press went pretty easily. Given that my PR is 170, I wanted to try 175, which I failed to lift a few weeks ago. But, there was no one in the gym to spot me, and it wasn't worth the risk.

After that superset, I did close grip lat pulldowns, dumbbell shoulder presses, some core work and some dips.

Tonight is a tough squat workout. Tomorrow after work, I'm hoping to do my first snowshoe run of the season.

I am also concerned that I might be coming down with a cold, which would be my second cold of the season so far. After tomorrow, I'm scheduled to ski four straight days - two as an instructor and two as a student, and it's going to be very cold for those days. I'm really not looking forward to being outside all day for four consecutive cold days if I'm sick.

No comments: