Friday, June 26, 2009

Hot, hot, hot!

There are now heat advisories posted for the weekend. It's going to be a hot day out there tomorrow and even the overnight and early Sunday hours will be hot.

I need to be smart in how I deal with the heat. And when I make it to that finish line, I will have certainly earned the buckle.

It's time to go register.


Laurel said...

Drink all you can hold and douse yourself every chance you get! You're going to do great!

janinsanfran said...

Saw the news on Twitter. Sorry but I am sure you needed to rehydrate!

In honor of your race, I went out for what was supposed to be a relatively easy trail 10 miler -- but ended up on the wrong trail doing 1000 foot ups and downs, twice, and in 90 degree heat. Stupid of me. After all it wasn't a race I'd trained for.

Anyway, I know completely what you mean by "slowed to a crawl ..." Couldn't seem to get my heart rate down on the last up.

I'm sure you gave WS your all. Bravo!